Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Birthdays

Monday, the 6th, was my birthday! Scarlett got me up early and while I took a shower, she got mother fed and on the bus to go to her Adult Day Out.

Started out by having breakfast at a little diner in Bradford which is on the way to Concord.

We spent the day in Concord - our state capitol - and since we had never really visited it much we took the time to tour the Capitol Building. It is a pretty impressive building! From there we went to the mall and looked around, made a couple of exchanges from Christmas, and bought a couple of things. I needed to replenish my bobbins as the ones I had did not fit my new machine.

We had a light lunch consisting of a sampler platter at Ruby Tuesday's and then headed for all the quilt stores in town. Well, there are really only two. Looked at all the fabric and ended up buying a little at both shops.

I was a little disappointed as there was no yarn store in the area. The closest is in Henniker but it is closer to home than Concord - so I guess I can go there one day by myself.

Ended the day by having dinner at one of my favorite restaurants The Common Man and then headed for home.

My daughter called to wish me a happy birthday and it was really good to hear her voice even though it was on a voice mail as I missed her call due to service area problems...but, I called her back only to play phone-tag.

All in all - it was a really nice day!

4 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, there's a wonderful yarn store in Concord! The Elegant Ewe it's called, it has tons yarn and spinning fiber too! It's right on South Main Street. They have a website:

http://www.elegantewe.com/

Of course, I do have a soft spot for the Fiber Studio in Henniker. It's a wonderful place too.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Happy Birthday! I hopped right over to tell you about the EE in Concord and see that Cheryl beat me to it, which is good! Marcy is the owner and she and her staff are lovely. Do check it out the next time you're in Concord.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger LauraJ said...

The Fiber Studio is a fine place and has probably more weaving material and equipment. Pam is very nice, and I have enjoyed the classes I take there. But I usually go to the Elegant Ewe for my fix. Maybe it's good to keep my source at a distance.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger LauraJ said...

Actually, there's a rather nice quilting store right down'town' in Henniker, Quilted Threads.http://teamnh.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home