Sunday, February 12, 2006

Knitting Olympics and Texas Hold 'Em...

My first attempt on Friday night with the Knitting Olympics was brutal! I cast on all my stitches for the red pair of socks...and was busy working away - when I noticed I had a mistake. I was working on the ribbing - and should have been doing a purl stitch - but, I was on a KNIT stitch. Rats! Sure enough after counting both sides - I found I had dropped a stitch somewhere - and that little "baby" was not about to be found.

So, I ripped it all out and started over...by the end of programming on Friday night - I had 1-1/2 inches of ribbing done.

Last night, we went out! We went to dinner at a friend's home - and it was so nice to see a group of our friends again. The last time we saw them was when we took a fall folliage train trip. They are all really good people...and they accept us and Mother. Actually, they all really like Mother -and everyone of them caters to her when we are there.

We sat around playing Poker - Texas Hold-em to be exact! It was so fun! I'd never played before and I had a very good time. We got home around midnight...and woke up to beautiful snow this morning!

Well, I'm off to the living room to watch the Olympics and knit!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home