Monday, June 26, 2006

Friday at Fenway...

Fenway Park! Boston Red Sox! Who would have thunk it! Scarlett and I were just thrilled to be able to go to the ballgame. This was my first major league ball game and the first one that we have attended together.

At first, I thought the game would be called because of the horrible rain storm. On our way in to Boston, the weather turned and I-93 was backed up horribly. We pulled off at exit 26 - and wound our way through town and water, playing dodge 'em cars in areas where the electricty was out...and finally got back on I-93 at exit 15...and made it to our hotel in Braintree (exit 6). We watched the tv waiting to see if they were going to "play ball"! And, they announced that they were having a delay but they would play.

The excitement started at the subway station...people dressed in Red Sox shirts and hats. The subway was packed - talk about close encounters...but you could just feel the excitement.

Then Fenway! I think I walked around with my mouth hanging open...it was unbelievable...the concession stands, gear stands, the people! Tons of people...


But the best was our seats! We were sitting right between home plate and first base - but closer to the pitcher's mound. We had great seats! Below is our view from our seats! Is that not awesome!!!

The game was fun. And, exciting! The excitement was all-consuming! The crowd was wild - and so behind their team. I thought I would be bored...I wasn't! I did knit - but, I can knit and still watch the game...! But, for the most part I just enjoyed being in the moment at a Boston Red Sox game and being in Fenway! The final score: Red Sox - 10 / Phillie - 2

2 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, so that's what it looks like filled with people? That's amazing. (And scarey!)
It was so much fun to meet up with you both!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Hi Sara. I'm cruising on in from Michele's late on a Sunday evening. I thought I'd dig back into your archives a bit, and I'm glad I found this entry.

That's because last year I was in Boston on a business trip and decided to take a walk to fill in a suddenly-open couple of hours. I walked toward Fenway and, although it wasn't open at the time, shot pictures of the exterior from the street and drank in the magic of this amazing place.

I'm so glad you were able to experience a game - and a great one, at that. I hope to make a similar journey on my next business trip there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home