Thursday, June 22, 2006

Red Sox...Behind on Photos...

We are going to a Red Sox Game...can you believe it??? We were given tickets to the game tomorrow night - against, of all teams - the team from the city I was born in - Philly. Well, anyway, not that it makes any difference...I am a Red Sox fan! You can't live in New Hampshire and not be a Red Sox fan...damn, I think it is considered treason if you aren't.

But, I digress...this will be the first baseball game I have been to since I was in the 7th grade (we are not saying how damn many years ago that was!) and I used to go to McFarland Park and watch the ballgames. Some pretty interesting people came out of those ball games...one in particular...Tony LaRussa.

I am taking some knitting (they do allow knitting - right! I mean it would be unAmerican not to allow knitting...)...after all there are only so many times a gal can watch guys grab themselves - so I will need my knitting.

Saturday we are hooking up with Dave! We are so looking forward to Saturday.

Well, I am way behind on posting photos...been pretty creative and have quite a few things finished that I need to post photos of...maybe on Monday...all the images are on the camera ... just have to upload them.

So, have a super week-end!

Added by Sara: I got to thinking that maybe - you know with all this 911 crap - that they might not allow knitting needles...so, I checked the website...no info there other than the usual - umbrellas, etc. - so, I called. No answer in security...so I left a message.

A very nice gentleman, Peter Nesbett (spelling ??) returned my call and left me a message. He stated that "Bringing my knitting would not be a problem and they certainly could accomodate that...he hopes that the game will be exciting enough that I won't need to concentrate on my knitting...but, if that is something I like to do there at the park, I am most welcome."

Pretty cool! Yea! Nice folks there! You gotta love the Red Sox team!!!

6 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy, can Saturday get here any faster????
And, when you are at the game, you will be about a block from me!
The last time I was at a game? Wow, that was the day that we landed on the moon. "One giant step for mankind..." They stopped the game for a presidential announcement and everything. Of course, I was just a little kid, but I remember that. Of course, I haven't been back since. Nothing could ever compare to that game. Nothing. lol

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I want a Dave and Sara photo...one of you had better post it to your blog!

The ball game sounds like tons of fun. I have been to a few ball games in Cincinnati to see the Reds play and I loved them. I am not a major league baseball fan, but the atmosphere at the big time ball park...wow.

Ann

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, since you have a pal over there, would you ask him to also keep the music turned down when they have concerts? Somestimes us beighbood guys have to work in the morning.

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sara,
Have an awesome time! And how cool that you got a very nice call back about the knitting! And yeah, we want to see pics! Enjoy!

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Seattle Mariners actually have a Stitch and Pitch" night for knitters!

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My (now)ex tricked me into a Sox game 11 years ago while I was 8 1/2 months pregnant & on Mothers Day to boot! Unfortunately, at the time, I wasn't into baseball (I've converted since then) so I spent the entire game reading "Waiting to Exhale." (the man in front of me was appalled!) Plan on catching a game later this summer-good to know I can knit there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home