Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Easy Knitting...It's a good thing...

I've never done any charity type knitting. I have friends like Ann, Jen, and others who are always knitting things up for charity. While visiting Ann's blog I noticed this:


I went to the site and liked what I saw...a chance to knit a nice warm Red Scarf for a college student. This really blew me away:

"Care packages from home are a practical and emotional lifeline for most college students. But thousands of former foster youth can only look on as their roommates and friends open boxes from home filled with love and support."

So I just knew I had to knit at least one scarf. I found some really pretty red yarn that I had bought a while back...and decided to try my hand at knitting a scarf with no pattern. So far so good - and am doing a very simple (I think it is either seed stitch or moss stitch) scarf that is 8" wide and will be about 5 or 6 feet long...besides...it is easy and requires no thinking - and I need that right now...

It's a good thing...

3 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, nothing could be more satisfying than simple knitting, and for a good cause. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Awwwwwwwwww...sending a hug your way. It really is a great cause. I can't wait to see your red scarf.

There's a lot to be said for mindless knitting too!

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger Sprite said...

That is SO cool that you're doing that! I love doing charity type giving... it just makes me feel good to help others. Can't wait to see what your project looks like!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home