Tuesday, September 05, 2006

That Damn Book Thing...

My dear friend, Paul tagged me for this meme...and since I am a book lover from way back - I gotta do it...

One book that changed your life: Better Homes & Gardens American Patchwork and Quilting. The book just inspired me to quilt and to become a better quilter. It showed me that I can be creative.

One book that you've read more than once: That would have to be Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. I read it in my teens and for years I read it every single year.

One book you'd want on a desert island: No idea...so many books...but probably The All New Joy of Cooking - so that I could figure out how to cook whatever I found on that island to eat.

One book that made you laugh: Six of One by Rita Mae Brown. I can remember laughing out loud while riding the bus to work when I was reading it.

One book that made you cry: No doubt about it - Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind. I just cried throughout that book!

One book that you wish had been written: Everything you ever needed to know to raise a child...enuf said...

One book you wish had never been written: Oliver Twist by Dickens. Actually every book by Charles Dickens - what a bunch of depressing crap they are!

One book you are currently reading: Peyton Place by Grace Metalious. She was way ahead of her time...and a damn good writer to have kept that story line going with it's many characters.

One book you've been meaning to read: Actually it is a trilogy - Blue Dahlia, Black Rose, and Red Lily by Nora Roberts. I never start a series of books until I have them all in my hands - that way I can just go from one to the other.

Now this is where I am supposed to tag someone - so, if you want to play just leave me a note in the comments - and post to your blog...I'll jump over and see what's on you have to say on That Damn Book Thing... :)

3 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neat meme. I'm in posssession of Red Lily right now. Read the first two of the trilogy while on vacation.

Your FCS package is on it's way!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'll do this! Sounds like fun (give me a couple days though)

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Sprite said...

LOL @ "That Damn Book Thing..." I just discovered I was tagged too. Everyone knows I'm blonde. I shouldn't have to think! *winks*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home