Thursday, September 07, 2006

Georgia O'Keefe...

I enjoy art...don't know a lot about it...but, I know what I like and what I don't like...

For years I have been fascinated by the art of Georgia O'Keeffe! The Shelburne Museum in Shelburne, Vermont is currently running an exhibit titled: Simple Beauty: Paintings by Georgia O'Keeffe. This exhibit runs through October 31 and we are going! This is the last week-end our roommate, Tammy, has off before school starts - and she just likes to chill at home in preparation for her hectic work/school routine on that week-end. So, she said that she would watch mother while we drove up to see the exhibit.

One of the other exhibits that is currently showing is Art and Illusion: Kaleidoscope Quilts at Shelburne Museum. And, of course, you know who will be looking at that one too.

So, those are our plans for the week-end...what are you going to do???

3 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Jen said...

No budget left after last weekend's spending spree, and still breathing hard from the mold and crud. So this weekend, I'll be staying home recovering.

Sounds like a wonderful exhibit. I love museums, and I think I've been to only two or three in the last 13 years. Just never seem to have either the time or the money...

Enjoy your trip!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm so jealous! I love going to museums too. Post some pictures if you can.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Terrific for you going to the museum. I love art museums myself..and I have no clue beyond knowing what I like.

Last year I went to the art museum in Baltimore when I was there for a trip...silly me, I was moved to tears by some of the paintings..others made me say wtf?

The weekend...I've got nothin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home