Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Special Yarn...

A while back I mentioned on my blog that I had some fleece that my friend, Mike, left when he passed away unexpectedly a few years ago. I had hung on to it for some reason. This is what it looked like. One of the girls, Cheryl, whose blog I had been reading offered to spin it up for me. We barely knew each other but she sensed that there was something special about this fleece and that it needed to be spun into yarn. I sent it to her and today this is what came home to me. In the span of that time we have become friends...and I am most honored to share her friendship.

Cheryl, my heartfelt thanks to you for sharing of yourself and for caring about others to make this special yarn for me. You truly are a very special person.


So, this is it...three skeins...685 yards of gorgeous soft brown yarn. The color is so beautiful. I am thinking about what I might want to make with it...

6 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It IS lovely! What a wonderful thing for her to do. She's obviously a very good spinner, and the end result is beautiful. What a nice way to remember your friend Mike. What are you going to make out of it?

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Sara! That's gorgeous. Her spinning is SO perfect. So, between Mike and Cheryl, that yarn is EXTRA extra special. How about a nice wide scarf, on the short side, so it will be like a hug every time you wear it? His warm memory will keep you warm on these cold winter days.

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how glad I am that you're happy with it!

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seee, I tell EVERYONE I know that knitters and spinners have a heart that is of pure gold. That yarn is beautiful. Sara, I am so happy for you, of course I am wiping tears off my face LOL. I am going to hop onto Cheryl's and tell her what a genuine person she is. This made my morning, and believe me, I needed some goodness today. Thanks. I hope you will always have a special warmth when you use whatever your going to make from the yarn and I know you'll think of your friend every time. Blessings and peace my friend:)

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Oh, what an awesome gift! It is gorgeous.

I like Dave's idea, a nice warm scarf/hug!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh Sara, that's wonderful. It even photographs as soft. How lovely to have that remembrance of Mike...and of Cheryl too. I agree with Dave...a huggy scarf. Just think how amazing it will be to knit with it. Not only gorgeous yarn, but so much love and caring in it from the both of them. Dang..it made me cry *G*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home