Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Day...No Resolutions...

I do not make New Year's Resolutions! They always are forgotten by the second day of January, so it is useless.

On the other hand, I do make "to do lists" all year long - it seems...and I do set some goals for myself each year. This year my goals are:

1) I have committed to knitting from my stash in 2007. You can read all about my plans here.

2) My UFOs and WIP have just gotten totally out of hand (like there isn't a quilter or knitter out there that doesn't have this problem) so I've decided to join up with my friend, Sandie, and get stuff done! Since I started knitting again - it seems that my quilting has sort of been ignored so it is time to do both again - since I miss the creativity of quilting.

3) I'm also joining up with the Yarn Life 2007 Crafting Challenge with two goals:
a) Finish my Red Sweater and b) Knit a pair of socks every two months (more if I can). My ultimate goal is to only own "hand knit socks".

4) My reading is falling way behind - so I have decided that I need to commit myself to reading at least a book a month...and hopefully more. There were days in my life when I actually started and finished a book within the same day! What a concept!

5) Sunday afternoons or evenings used to be set aside for facials, long bubble baths, and slathering myself from head to toe in luscious lotions - I think I am going to reclaim that and do it once a week - it may not be on a Sunday - but for sure it is back in my list of things to do for me! That also used to be when I would curl up in a comfy quilt and read!

6) Get some charity knitting and quilting done...I so enjoy doing that!!!

So, what are your plans, goals, or whatever you call them?....

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger Digitalgran said...

I'm just like you Sara. If I'm knitting, then I don't do much stitching. I have found that it works for me, doing about an hour's knitting, then pick up something else for an hour or so, that way I get more done. But then an hour at the computer becomes 2 hours(smile)

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

Your goals sound great. Good luck!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger jennhx said...

Great list Sara. I also realize my reading lags when I'm working on so many knitting projects... I haven't figured out how to balance that other than reading Audio books! :) But I find reading a real book is more restful sometimes.

The self-care spa sounds great!!! What a treat to plan those for yourself. Jeff bought me a gift certificate for a real spa for my birthday. That type of thing is so relaxing!

Jennifer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home