Saturday, December 23, 2006

From the Stacks...Book One

I am so far behind in my From the Stacks reading that I might not finish my goal by January 31...although I sure as heck am going to try.

Book One:

Dispatches From The Edge: a memoir of war, disasters, and survival

Author: Anderson Cooper

Pages: 212

Cooper has been a familiar face on CNN for a while now...but, the first time I learned of him was not from CNN or his news reports - but rather from a reality show called "The Mole"...Cooper served as host...From then on I recognized his face as he reported on the war and many of our natural disasters. His face was always at the forefront. During the Katrina floods I remember watching him as he reported from New Orleans and it seemed that he wore his heart on his sleeve for the trials and tribulations of the people there.

This book covers some of his career as a reporter in the field as well as his survival in the midst of all the tragedy. He has a gift of really touching your heart as he tells the stories of the devestation that has occured not only in the United States but also around the world as well as in his own personal world in dealing with the suicide of his brother.

The book is written in an easy to understand style...and I would recommend it.

1 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Mavis said...

I was just given the link to your blog. I will be a frequent visitor. You are covering the two loves of my life, Anderson Cooper and fiber art!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home