Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Year of Simple Things...Week 4...

Snap! Crackle! And Pop! Oh, I am so addicted to these! I could sit down and eat the entire box in one sitting...but, it usually will last for 6-7 days (unless I'm having a crummy week - then there's no telling!)

But they are a comfort food - they remind me the days when we made them at home. My mother, sister and grandmother would make them. Then when Tara was a child she and I would make them. I think every relationship I've been in my partner and I have made these. Now, I've resorted to buying them out of the box...mainly because it's cheaper...and less time consuming...but, I miss the simple joy of just making them...maybe I'll go back to that.

Edited by: Sara
I'm convinced...next batch will have to be homemade! I agree - they are so good when they are still just a little warm...

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Hockey Mom said...

The homemade ones have always tasted better to me! Still a little warm....yum!

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with hockey mom; the homemade ones are better!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Homemade is always the best, like everyone is saying. It was pure evil, however, when they came out with ready-made ones that took away even the small effort needed to make them for real.

If you're going to buy the commercial ones, though, look for the Little Debbie version. Tastier, IMHO, than the Rice Krispies official brand, and the unit cost is lower, too.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey we love the chocalet ones here. I've never made them as a child or an adult. Perhaps that can be a project for us to do. i beleive they aren't hard to make.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

Homemade is the best! Don't forget the other food groups: soda, chocolate and ice cream.

 
At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yum, I stopped making them because I usally end up eating the entire tray before bedtime. Bad habit. Yummy habit!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger New Jersey Laura said...

Love, love, love those treats. Right from the tray is the best! The edge ones that are odd-shaped have zero calories :). Thanks for the positive post on the Red Sweater KAL. I do treasure that my little one still loves those sweaters. The big ones, well...

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't believe her they never last 6-7 days, I'm the one who has made them for her and bought them for 10 years and I know......and yes the homemade ones are best!!!
Love you Sara
Scarlett

 

Post a Comment

<< Home