Thursday, March 08, 2007

February and March Snows...

This is what my house and yard looked like after the February 14th snow...having arrived here October 31st of 2004 - we have only had a few winters and they did not deliver in the snow department. I know that for a fact because for one of those winters we had a very expensive yard ornament in the form of a snowmobile. And to be truthful I thought the winter of 2006 - 2007 would be the same. Surprise!

My back yard - the garage where my outdoor cats live has barely an opening for them to get in and out...they were not amuzed. You will note it is almost half way up my fence.

The front of the house - my dear neighbor came and worked some magic with his snowblower so that I could get from my front door to the curb.

Another shot of the front of the house - it was most interesting to shovel the stoop and stairs...
But this was the best - the side of house in front of the garage where Scarlett parks - she was off snowmobiling that week-end...Please note the depth of the snow from the street to the garage - it was that deep all the way across my side yard. Quite interesting...but, gosh it was gorgeous! And since we got another snow storm last week...it looks about the same in the back and front yards - but the area in front of the garage has been snowblowen...



Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy COW!! THAT is ALOT of snow LOL. We live in Ohio and we USED to get TONS of snow every winter but the last 10 years or so, it has been kind of hit and miss or we will get ice storms (whats up with THAT)....this year we have only had 1 snow storm and it was the Valentine's day one that moved across the US. I miss all that snow, I remember having tons of fun when I was little, although my parents HATED shoveling and such. Now that I am an adult, I agree LOL shoveling the sidewalk and entry way STINKS but it sure is pretty. I thought of you the other day. I bought some adorable cotton fabric for a tote for my summer knits and I bought a vintage cotton paisley that I am lining a few things with. I bet you could really work majic with it! Well, Happy stitching!

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just gross! That amount of snow in March is just plain wrong.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

That is a ton of snow Sara! Crazy. I hope you spend lots of time inside drinking tea and coffee, having fun being creative.

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Now that's some snow! Reminds me of when I was little and living in Ohio...and snow blowers hadn't been invented yet! Glad you were inside and warm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home