Thursday, February 14, 2008

C is for Chocolate...

C is for Chocolate!

Of course, it is!

Especially, today!!!!

On a recent day trip I ended up here. And, where might this be...A wonderful little shop called L.A. Burdick Handmade Chocolates. Charming, isn't it? And, filled with wonderful chocolates!
The shop is located in the little town of Walpole, about 20 miles from my home. Not only is there the chocolate shop - but, they have a really nice restaurant as well as the factory where the chocolate is made. I don't think the factory is on these premises - if I remember correctly there was an article that I read that said they built a new factory. Oh, and they offer a four-day chocolate cooking workshop.This would be Ashleigh who took care of my selections and fixed me a cup of their wonderful hot chocolate! Yummy!!!!
And, more chocolates to look at...
And, the above is my most favorite from there...this yummy milk chocolate bar with hazelnuts!

They ship - just sayin'...

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Janet said...

OMG!!! That looks like heaven! And that last picture really got me....I love hazelnuts.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Oh, yes! Their hot chocolate is wonderful. :) We have an L.A.B. across the river, in Cambridge, a lovely place.

Another great place (for handmade chocolates and candy - no café, unfortunately) is Harbor Candy Shop in Ogunquit, Maine.

I hope you are enjoying a lovely evening with your valentine(s), Sara.

♥♥♥ Happy Valentine's Day! ♥♥♥

:)

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh I haqve to check them out! I LOVE Chocolate, though I don't know how to stop at ONE Piece...LOL!
What does the L.A. stand for....? I assume it is not Los Angeles....lol!

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

I've heard great things about this chocolate. What a pretty shop!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Acta Non Verba said...

L.A. stands for Larry Andrew (Burdick), the owners first and middle name. =)

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Oh dear!
Yesterday my husband gave me just three chocolate hearts as he knows I am trying to lose a pound or three.
But once the rot sets in, its down hill all the way and last night I demolished most of a chocolate orange. Now I am consumed with guilt - and desire for another chocolate. Thanks Sara:) Hazelnuts are my favourite nut. Michele sends her best.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's what I call a chocolate shop!

Michele sent me here.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger sage said...

I've just got through with dinner now I'm wanting chocolates! Here from Michele's

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yummy! I didn't get any chocolates for v-day. boo hoo! :)

Leslie

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! I take that back. My husband just came home with strawberries and chocolate :)
Leslie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home