Friday, February 08, 2008

Can We Say Breathe?...

Today started out easy enough - up at 7:30, bathe, get ready to go to doctor's appointment, PCSP arrives to take care of mom...and I head out.

Left at 9:30 as my new doctor's office is about 45 minutes away...it seems strange going to a doctor in another town. Guess cause when I lived in Tampa, my doctor's office was in Tampa - even though it took me 45 minutes to an hour to get there because of traffic I never thought it was far...so why do I think it is far when I go to see my doctor in another town that is 45 minutes away?

The drive was just beyond beautiful ... lots of icy trees (which I had planned on taking photos of on my way back) and snowy areas. I arrived in time...

We talked about my thyroid and how I am just so tired all the time...and we looked at my test results which were like 100 times more than what they should be...actually it should be a 5 or below...mine is 49.7 to be precise. So, I am to take my thyroid medicine and we will retest in eight weeks!

Then she mentioned that she would like to do a CT scan to see if the pain I keep describing is kidney stones (which I am not at all thrilled to think I have)...so, she went to have her office manager schedule an appointment at the hospital.

I was getting everything together and fixing to have more blood drawn (the woman is a Vampire!) to check about the kidney stones...when I am told that they will do the CT scan at 11:45. And, I have this look on my face like "What day? - Today...

It is now 11:20 - the hospital is 9 miles to the exit of the interstate and then another 3 or 4 miles up the road...Did I mention there was white stuff on the ground???

Not to mention that the sitter is only supposed to stay with mother until 1 - and the hospital is an hour from home...so, I called the sitter and asked if she could stay a little longer and she said she could - until 2:00.

It all got done! And, I arrived home to find out that Mother's nursing service had called to say that they goofed up and double booked the person who was supposed to bathe her today at 12:30 - and did I want them to send someone today 0r tomorrow? Mother is saying - when is that girl coming to give me a bath????

So, before I can catch my breath from getting home from the rushed trip to the hospital for the CT scan - I'm on the phone telling the Nursing service that they have f***ed up this entire week with the bath thing...no one came on Monday (they came on Tuesday); Wedneday - she was an hour and a half late; and then today no show! So, I wanted someone at my house in FIVE minutes to give my mother a bath...because she was all upset that she had not had her bath yet. (They arrived - 15 minutes later and Mom got her bath!!!)

It's been a day! Tomorrow I am going up to the quilt store to spend the gift certificate they sent me for my birthday...It's really nice of them ... but, then they know we go up there and spend more!!! That's just the way it is.

Hmmmm...and I just might stop at the Yarn shop next door while I'm there...

And, now, I'm off to bed (I know - it's only 9:30) to relax and read for a little while...

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Breathe....I guess! That sounds like quite a day. I hope all your tests are ok.

I'm glad you got the nursing service to come afterall. It doesn't sound like they're very organized!!

Have fun with that gift certificate.

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tired just reading this; what a stressful day! A trip to the quilt store and yarn shop sounds like the perfect way to spend the day tomorrow. Enjoy; you deserve it!

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

The yarn store is next door to the quilt store!? I'd say it's a conspiracy ;-)

Glad everything went well and you got it all wrapped up too.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Hey lady, it's the darndest thing- I had a CT scan to check out, among others things, my kidneys Saturday morning. Here's hoping they figure out what's not right and make it right! Can't wait to see what the fabric finds it's way into.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the news from your tests remains good. I got tired just reading about your day: talk about time stress!

I dropped by from Michele's to let you know that the weather is similarly cold and icy here in the Great White North. I wouldn't have it any other way.

(I also need to apologize for missing your birthday. I'm so glad you had a good one. You certainly deserve it! Also loved your perspectives on age. You're right: they change as we get older. I like that.)

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

That day you had would tired anyone! That's a lot to deal with. My friend had thyroid issues, and once she got them straightened out, she felt 100%. I can't imagine what people did even 60 years ago. A lot more suffering I'm sure.

Thinking good thoughts for you. :)
Here today from Michele's.
~S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home