Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Me and You MEME...

Shephard over at Shephard's Alley had this fun little MEME going...and I thought I'd play...(He created the logo for the game, too - he's good at that kind of stuff!!!!)

Here's how it works:

1. I’ll respond with something random about you.

2. I’ll tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.

3. I’ll pick a flavor of jello to wrestle you in.

4. I’ll say something that only makes sense to you and me. (if possible!)

5. I’ll tell you my first memory of you.

6. I’ll tell you what animal you remind me of.

7. I’ll ask you something I’ve always wondered about you.

8. If you ask to play, it would be great if you posted the answers and continued this meme... but I won't hold you to it if that keeps you from playing.

Here are Shephard's answers for me:

1. I admire people who can make/create artistic & useful things.

2. "How to Make an American Quilt" (movie, 1995) of course!

3. I make it a point not to wrestle in jello w/people I haven't known a year.

4. I haven't quite known you long enough yet. :)

5. Your creativity.

6. A butterfly, for its color and its transformation. :)

7. If you were a quilt, what color and pattern would you be?

If I were a quilt I would be a scrappy quilt - with a pattern pretty much like the one pictured below (it is a quilt I am handquilting for my daughter). I have such a love for color and there are just so many beautiful fabrics around that I would want to use them all...and a scrappy quilt is the only way to do that...



If *you* want to play, leave me a comment (my answers will appear under this post and the word UPDATE):

UPDATE:

Janet:

1) I was drawn to your blog by your Friday Fill-in and What is it Wednesday?.
2) Lord of the Rings (cause you just went and spent a day or so having a marathon viewing session!)
3) I don't know about wrestling in the jello - but, sharing a nice bowl of Raspberry jello would be nice as it would be healthier than the other snacks we consume.
4) Any season except Mud Season and Winter - we can drive like bats out of hell! YEA!
5) My first memory of you was seeing your gorgeous photography! I've seen some incredible photography on your blog...the Thursday 13 this week was mind blowing!!!!
6) The animal that reminds me of you would have to be a wolf. I'm not real sure I can define why - but it's what I felt the first time your dogs were mentioned and I didn't know at the time that one of them was named Wolf!
7) The question I would have for you is: When I read your blog, comments, and e-mails I get the feeling that you are in your 20s or early 30s but I'm not sure because you also have a wisdom about you that comes with an age that would be older than that. Am I close? And, you don't have to answer that where everyone else can see your answer if you don't want to or give me an exact age...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I'll play, altho I did this on my blog a week ago or so.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I LOVE these pictures of that GORGEOUS Quilt! I LOVE Colors too....! As a painter, one of the joys for me is/was mixing all sorts of beautiful colors!

This MEME is interesting but I probably won't do it Sara....I don't know you well enough and in general, probably don't know most of the bloggers that well, with some exceptions, of course.
I LOVE that logo that Shephard created for it, too!

Yes! That dear Uno....He is just about the most adorable little doggie, ever! Like you said...You just want to cuddle with him...Hug, Hug, Hug him!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

I love that answer! I'd probably want a quilt of the same kind. A little something of everything. :)

~S

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Sara, thank you for the amazing compliment!!! I'll be 51 in June and I don't mind saying it in public :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home