Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Movie Day...

Yesterday afternoon was spent watching a couple of movies that needed to be returned before the day was over...

First on the list was: Away From Her. While I thought the acting was wonderful and Julie Christie deserved the nod from the Academy...the movie just didn't move me emotionally. It was dry and I really didn't feel the connection or the love that the story suggested between the lead characters. It was an okay movie - glad I saw it to see what the Academy saw in Christie's performance...but, other than that it was just okay.

Secondly: The Wicker Man with Nicholas Cage. Labeled a horror flick - I didn't think it was...Actually it reminded me of a poor copy-cat of one of my favorite movies "Harvest Home" from the book by Thomas Tyron. It was another okay movie...and if you really like Cage - he was good in it.

Thirdly: The best of the three! Perfect Stranger with Halle Berry and Bruce Willis! This movie was HOT! And, I can tell you the ending blew me away - Never saw it coming! Very, very good movie...And, Berry is awesome looking in this movie!!!

Did a little knitting while watching - mostly worked on the Dog Snuggle for Griffin...

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the first one. It was very nuanced but gave me so much to think about later relationships and end of life. I loved when she said, "I don't remember yellow but then I can look and see it," and the metaphor about the lights going out. Haunting really.

I will never see the second one but the third one you mentioned I am writing down.

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen any of these movies. I should check out the Halle Berry one, not really a fan of Cage.
I've been doing some knitting too! I made a pair of booties and a cap for a girlfriend who is pregnant.

Michele sent me
Leslie

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I loved Harvest Home :-)

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Susan said...

When does Halle Berry not look HOT?

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I am a BIG fan of AWAY FROM HER and unlike you, was deeply moved by it. I saw the love and felt it, too....That's what makes Horse Racing, as they say. As to Julie Christie's performance? I would have loved to see her win. It was a beautifully modulated performance and deeply felt, to me.

Haven't seen the other two....But I am going to put the Halle Berry/Bruce Willis film on my Netflix Queue...You should look into Netflix...there s no end date for retuening ANYTHING! And that sure works for me! (LOL)

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

I've been wanting to see that new Julie Christie movie but I don't think it's at the theater any more.

I will have to check out the video store.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home