Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fantastic Movie...

I watched the most fanstastic movie that I've seen this year...it was so damn good that I went after returning the rented copy to the library directly to the store to buy my own copy! That's how good it was!

Across the Universe is awesome! Jim Sturgess (Jude) is gorgeous and a damn fine singer! Evan Rachel Wood (Lucy) is pretty! And, the music of the Beatles brought back a ton of memories as did the movie! Julie Taymor, the director, is for sure talented!

"Across the Universe, from director, Julie Taymor, is a revolutionary rock musical that re-imagines America in the turbulent late-1960s, a time when battle lines were being drawn at home and abroad."

So, says the back of the DVD holder - and you know what - the movie delivers! There was one part that was a little strange - but, it fit into the broader scope so it wasn't intrusive. I have to say I haven't been this excited about a movie in a long time...

I'll be watching it a lot!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I can't wait to see this movie!

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Ohhh I'll have to look for it. I've heard mixed reviews..seems folks either really, really like it or really, really don't. Glad to hear what you thought of it.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm going to have to put this on my movie list. Thanks for the review.

the Stitchingnut

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I find it so interesting about this movie. The "PIBLIC" Loves it! I have read other bloggers on this film, and you are one of many people who felt as you did---Wanting to OWN the DVD. I have a couple of different friends---people IN the "business" who had problems with this film.....I must rent it from Netflix so I can see for myself why there is this disparity....! Thanks for reminding me that I have to put this on my Netfliz Queue...!

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger craziequeen said...

Ha - see? I knew you'd love it....!! :-))

Me and cyberkitten loved it so much we forked out to see it twice in the cinema in one week! And talked about it constantly until it was released...

I agree about Jim Sturgess, he is a wonderfful young actor and a very good singer - but my faves are Max and JoJo :-D

cq

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

I loved the cast, too. Tho I wish Eddie Izzard had been in it more. :) Great soundtrack too... I'm still playing it, and I saw this movie in theaters.
~S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home