Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cars...

Cars...can't live with them and can't live without them!

Then there is the State Inspection which has to be passed...and guess who didn't pass. My car!

The check engine light has been on forever - and it wasn't really causing any problems - just some little sensor...nothing important - except that now it is part of the inspection!

And, the brakes...well, they needed to be replaced...so, today the car spent the day at the shop...and while it was there it spent the money I was thinking of using to go to Montreal for a couple of days at the end of May. So, I'll just have to delay that little trip - maybe October...

But, I guess that's what cars do...spend your money for you!!!!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger knitseashore said...

Ouch!!! That hurts. At least you hopefully know that your car should be all set for a while!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Omykiss said...

I just hate technology ... and it's even worse when it STOPS WORKING as it should .... cars, commputers, washing machines, TVs ..... sigh!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

My car never passes either! There's always some little thing wrong with it. I actually took the bulb out of my check engine light a few years ago, I got so sick of the damn thing staying on.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh, I hate when that happens. Use to happen to me all the time when i was a single woman ... but never when a man took it in for inspection (on any car I owned) Think there's a connection?

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What kinmd of car do you drive, Sara? Cause my "light" comes on for no reason from time to time...And is has always baffled me....I drive (though not very much anymore) an old Buick...(1989)

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

A car is one of those things I wish I didn't have to own. It's just too demanding from a care-and-feeding perspective.

But it's one of those necesssary evils, I suppose. Our towns are built in such a way that we really can't get by without one. Maybe someday we'll go back to the village concept. Now, wouldn't that be nice!

Michele sent me to say hi today. I hope you're able to reschedule that Montreal trip sometime soon. That's where I'm from, and it remains my favorite city anywhere.

 
At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those wretched computer chips! I flunked inspection last summer because of one. And I find it infuriating that it's not one of those "do it yourself" things. Meh. Well, once your car's satisfied with spending your money, maybe it'll see fit to take you on a day trip one fine spring day. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home