Tuesday, March 04, 2008

New Knitting Group...

Aren't these cute? Fingerless mitts! Actually, they are called Henry's People Paws (after the dog that hangs at the knit shop). And, I finally found a use for those darn double point needles!

The yarn is: Reynolds Soft Sea Wool
Color 0915 (Pink)
100% Wool
Knit on a #2 needle

So that is my project while I am at my new knitting group. It was so fun last night! The group meets on Monday nights at Hodgepodge Yarn Shop just ten miles up the road in Newport, NH.

I have to admit it was surprising to see the diversity in ages of the women there. Young, middle aged, and more mature...all of us knitting or crocheting, laughing, and talking like we had know each other for years. It was so fun!

Being the newbie to the group - I was a little nervous about joining up - but the shop owner, Sue, had been very encouraging last week when I dropped by to just knit...and last night she made sure that I met everyone in the group...and honestly, I felt included right away!

Am looking forward to spending the first and third Monday nights there! The second and fourth are quilting nights...so, all my crerative needs are starting to feel renewed again.

4 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Janet said...

very pretty!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Janet said...

How nice to find such a good group. I love the color of that yarn!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh what fun! And the mitts are great too. Isn't it marvelous to be around folks with the same interests once in a while???

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the knitting group I went to last month for a story. It was such fun to see women of all ages share their love of knitting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home