Sunday, March 02, 2008

Day Trippin' ... Barre...

Barre, Vermont...has been calling my name for the last several months...so, off I headed on Interstate 89...on the one clear day we had a week ago.

Dave, I know you will appreciate the above photo...and thankfully none of the dear little moose crossed the road in front of me.

(Although I don't know if you've heard - but, there is a precious little moose about an hour or two away on Route 100 in Vermont who doesn't have the gene that makes him afraid of humans - and he is staying by the side of the road and when cars slow down he actually comes over and puts his head in the window. The police are asking people not to feed him. It was on the news last week!)The road was clear and the skies were beautiful. Just a lovely winter day to enjoy a little day trip.

My reason for going up to Barre - is L.A.C.E. (Local Agricultural Community Exchange)! I heard about it from a magazine article and from a notice about a Jackson Browne Fund Raising Concert.

Ariel Zevon (Warren Zevon's daughter and Jackson Browne's god-child) is the founder of L.A.C.E.

You know me - such a firm believer in buying locally produced items - so, naturally, I had to go see what all the fuss was about.

Even though the above photo doesn't show up clearly, the market is bright and cheery with lots of local artwork on the walls and local products scattered around the store.

But, this was what I came for - lunch! Which I had heard through word-of-mouth would be very good. My sandwich - Roast Beef Rebuen - was so good. It came with some really good slaw - and it was yummy. Managed to catch a photo of Ariel as she was making some one's lunch...which she seemed to be doing the entire time I was there. The place was busy...

Shopped for a few things - and then headed for home. Took a different route - no interstate - and all the little towns were lovely. Stopped in Norwich at the King Arthur Flour Company to see what was new...and picked up the best French roll (I got the last one in the case)...and some pancake mix.

It was a fun day!!!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Janet said...

The snow photos are beautiful. Your whole day sounds like such fun. L.A.C.E. seems to be my kind of place. Good food and art....what more could you want!

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sounds like a lovely lovely day!
I am fascinated about that Moose! Isn't that interestimg that he likes people!!!! That would be hard to resist if he came by my car! (lol)

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

That does sound like a fun day. I've always wanted to visit King Arthur flour.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Janet said...

what fun! I enjoyed so many of Warren Zevon's songs...especially Werewolves of London :-)

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah yes, another trip down memory lane. What beautiful sunny skies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home