Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Total Eclipse of the Heart...err...Moon....

The Moon will be eclipsed this evening, starting with the Moon entering the Earth's shadow at 8:43pm, and becoming fully eclipsed at 10pm. While eclipsed, the Moon will appear a coppery-red, brighter on the bottom, and redder on top. The Moon stays eclipsed until 10:52 PM, and then gradually emerges from the Earth's shadow until it is completely out at 12:09 AM EST.

From the Eye on the Sky Website: www.eotsweb.org

Now how cool is that! This should be such fun to see!!! Can't wait. I'm going to try and take photos...

************************************

And, on another note - I see that President Fidel Castro is stepping down. Amazingly, the "shrub" has declared that we will do all in our power to make sure that they become a free country like we are.

My message to the shurb:

Hey, jerk - not EVERYONE wants to be like the US...when are you going to figure it out and stop the madness of having our men and women killed in war after war to satisify your ego of having the entire world be like us? In case you haven't noticed - your actions in the past four years have bordered more on being a dictator than others I've read about or seen.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Janet said...

oh I HOPE the sky will be clear! Pleasepleaseplease :-)

And I quite agree...stop trying to make everything the same! Things can flourish w/o being just like us!

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing it's safe to say that MOST countries do not want to be like us. Shit, I don't even want to be like us!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

another country to fund.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Right on!!! I couldn't agree more. And like julie said, I don't even want to be like us!!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Gerry said...

Sara, I'm so glad you came to visit me. Otherwise how would I have know about the eclipse? Talk about being clueless. LOL.

Take care....oh, and use some of that Press n' Seal!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Sleepypete said...

Lol - I was thinking of staying up to see the red moon tonight and hopefully snap a piccy or two of it for tomorrow's blog.

It's expected to start around 1.30am here (Blighty) but I'm about to head for sleep now as the skies are full of cloud. Kinda true to form for the UK that - we've had clear skies for the past few days and when something interesting is up there, the clouds come out !

Here via Michele's, now hoping that people get clear skies to see the eclipse :-)

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Susan said...

It's all cloudy here so I shall miss the eclipse. I remember one way back..sittin' outside in the front yard with a bunch of friends having a quiet little party and watching it happen. Actually about all I can remember is "wow man...."

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Oh, Sara, you don't know HOW MUCH I enjoyed this post. Atta girl. I couldn't have said it bettah. ;D

BTW, you never answered the question I left for you the other day, here.

Cheers! :)

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I'm sorry, I missed your question...and it is a very difficult question - because each area is so very different and so beautiful in its own right.

I love Back Bay and Beacon Hill - but I would have to go with the Financial District on this one - mainly because I never realized the buildings were so gorgeous. The way you captured these buildings showed that even in a very business type area there can be great beauty.

Your photographs show the beauty that is Boston...I have another friend - Dave Daniels - who also shows Boston off beautifully in the photos he takes.

I've loved each neighborhood series and learned about Boston from them...

Hope that answers your question...

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Hope you got to see the eclipse of the moon. It was much too late for me. I've been going to bed by 8:30 because I wake up at 3:00 and can't get back to sleep no matter what time I went to bed the night before. So if it was late ... I'm dragging all day.

Glad to hear you're feeling better also. Happy stitching!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Yes, Sara, it does. :) Thanks. I too love the Financial District and its gorgeous architecture. And, yes, DTDaniels photography is splendid. I am featuring his gallery this week (see my weekly "Great Photography" widget) on my blog's sidebar.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Sleepypete said...

Took my camera upstairs to sit on my bedroom window's ledge ... Put my head on the pillow and slept like a log :-)

No eclipse pictures for me ...

Michele sent me :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home