Friday, February 22, 2008

Catchin' Up...

It's been a wicked busy couple of days...

Managed to take a couple of photos of the eclipse - so, I will post those tomorrow.

Spent yesterday morning at the hospital getting another CT Scan done and a couple of x-rays of my leg. Maybe we will know what is going on by next Friday.

There have been no further incidents with the medicine from hell that caused me the problems last week-end since I am not taking it and it seems to finally be out of my system. I'm still taking an 81 mg Aspirin a day and two Blood pressure pills until next Friday when I see my regular doctor. (She has been away this entire week at a medical conference).

Yesterday afternoon went on a day trip - you'll get to hear all about it this coming week!


Zac (he's the white one) went to the vet today to get his teeth cleaned and they found two teeth that had to be extracted due to an infection. No wonder his little breath smelled! (That's Isis on the right - wonder how she can stand his breath???)

4 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Oh, poor little thing! It must've hurt. :(

Years ago, I had an Akita for six months. It's a long story and it really doesn't matter, what I want to tell you about is that this 4 year old Akita (a show dog) had been raised on regular dog food by the breeder. During the time she was at home I fed her exclusively BARF (raw chicken wings, offal, veggies... You may have read about it, so I won't bore you with the details). She had healthy teeth to begin with, but they were stained near the gums. When I took her in, I switched her to the BARF diet right away and after two weeks her teeth were immaculate. Amazing what wholesome food can do! The breeder couldn't believe it. She said she'd love to switch all her dogs to the raw diet, but it just wasn't practical (she had 12 dogs).

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I just called my vet to see what the ballpark figure would be to get my dog's teeth cleaned...$300.00 at the minimum! WTH!!!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Unbelievable! Are vets out their @4%#^ minds?

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Fenix, Thanks for letting me know about the BARF diet...

And, yes, vets charge a ton for teeth cleaning. i think it is because they have to put them to sleep. The vet that we used only charges $80. - but it was closer to $150. with the extraction.

Janet, did they give a reason as to why so much...another vet we use charges $160...but, we went with the less charging one for this time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home