Monday, February 25, 2008

D is for...

Daughter!

Tara Danielle - my daughter ...(she turns 32 on June 27)! Memories are so strong of carrying her and her being born during that frantic night when everything that could go wrong went wrong. But, she was a stubborn little thing and we both held on...and made it then...and continue to make it now!

She is named for Scarlett O'Hara's home in Gone with the Wind...and the Danielle part was because I wanted to reflect our French ancestry...that and the fact that Daniel was one of my favorite songs playing at the time. (Had she been a boy - it would have been Jared Daniel)...

This photo was taken at the Phoenix airport - in October 2006. We haven't been out to see each other since then...
Above in her kitchen. She is one of the most wonderful housekeepers - her home is always spotless.
And, here she is taking care of one of the stray cats in the neighborhood. Her heart is so kind and gentle. She loves animals and cares for them whenever she can. She had been working with this little cat for a couple of weeks and finally got it to come this close to her.

There is never a day that thoughts of my daughter don't cross my mind. She is always in my heart and thoughts and I miss her terribly. Some days more than others...

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

What a nice tribute to your daughter. It must be really hard to be so far away from her.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Your daughter sounds like a lovely person. Love the picture of her with the cat LOL! Her birthday's not far from mine (6/22).

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A perfect "D" post!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Susan said...

A great post about an apparently great girl. And, ya know, that her greatness just didn't happen by accident. So congrats to her mom too.

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get to see each other soon! I got a shiver reading this as a mother myself.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

You daughter and I share the same Birthday...though many years apart...! June 27th...A Very Good Date! Your daughter sounds like a very beautiful person, Sara....! I hope you get to see her soon...!
Very sweet pictures, my dear.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

It's nice to have a daughter and one that you can call a "friend" also. I think she looks like you. Will she ever move out this way or closer? My daughter is my friend too and I'm so happy I can at least drive up to visit now & then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home