Sunday, March 16, 2008

Revisiting...

Today seems like a good time to revisit two of my challenges for this year!

Another book has been added to my A-Z Reading Challenge. Last night finished reading Blood Brother: 33 Reasons My Brother Scott Peterson Is Guilty by Anne Bird.

This book was interesting in that it was written by his half-sister who had been given up for adoption as an infant by Jackie Peterson. She was one of two children that Jackie gave away. They had no contact until, if I remember correctly, five years prior to the murder. I'm not sure that her reasons were strong enough - it didn't seem like there was a lot of meat to them - but, that she came to the conclusion that he was guilty was the main part. I think she wrote the book more to leave a record of her feelings for herself and her children.

This book did show the relationship of Scott and his mother, Jackie - with Scott being the "golden child" - and Jackie's dislike for Laci, the murdered wife. Jackie was shown to be a very strange person throughout this book.

A Commitment to Loveliness Challenge seems to be going along slowly. I am finding that I haven't been able to get into a rhythm of organizing my life around all the workers who now show up. It has only been a month of trying to schedule things but I am hopeful that once I get the schedule down just right it will work out better.

Still drinking my water every day; eating some type of breakfast but not relaxing with a book or magazine at that time; taking my thyroid meds religiously; and finding time to read and relax.

I am learning that it is okay to take time for myself and I have every Monday night free to do the things that I enjoy - knitting and quilting guilds! My sitter shows up at 6:30 and I am gone until 9:30 at night just relaxing with my friends!

5 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger gemma said...

Hey Sara! Michele sent me over to say hello on the Eve of St Patrick's Day. Top of the afternoon to you. I just saw an interview with Anne Bird on some cable channel...I came in on the end and she was confirming that she felt for sure that he was guilty. Have a great Sunday.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Bobkat said...

Oh yes, making time for yourself is essential! When you find the secret to doing this can you let me know? LOL! The book sounds interesting. I will note it for my 'to get round to reading' list.

Michele sent me over to say hello again :)

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I'm sure it's difficult to get your schedule worked out around those coming in to help with your mom. However, be ever so grateful for each and every disturbance. If y'all lived here, your Monday evenings would be impossible unless you had a bunch of cash to pay the sitter with. :-(

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Susan, Oh, how well I know...and I am most grateful for the professional help that we receive! Believe me, I wasn't complaining!

bob-kat, I'll let you know if I ever figure out the secret!

gemma, I saw that same interview and I think that's why I wanted to read the book.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hopefully it will be easier for you to find all aspets of lovliness when it gets a bit more green out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home