Wednesday, June 25, 2008

300 Hat Project...

Recently my friend, Julie, mentioned something about helping out with The 300 Hat Project! I decided that I could knit a few hats for the project too...

While at my local yarn shop HodgepodgeYarns, I mentioned to Sue (the owner) that I needed to get some worsted weight wool yarn to make a couple of hats for this project. She asked if I could use some hats to send them...and I said yes. She mentioned she had a couple that had been at the shop without selling for a while and she was looking for a charity to give them to. She walked back with a bag full of hats...

So, these beauties are on their way to keep someone warm!!! 16 of them! Thanks a bunch, Sue!







Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Love the reddish one in the fifth picture down and the black and white one on the left in the last! Cool hats!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

These are all just WONDERFUL! You realy are a "Knitting Fool"...and I mean that in the nicest way...! Like, "A Dancing Fool"? Same kind of thing...I am so impressed with ALL that you create with your knitting needles and your beautiful yarns!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

What a great project!
~S

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger knitseashore said...

What a wonderful gift!! They are going to keep a lot of people warm this winter.

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sara, how awesome is that?! Give Sue a big hug from me for that act of generosity!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger RC said...

Wow! That's so cool and the hats are great!
Thanks so much for helping out with the hats
Colleen

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Oh my gosh!!! This project happens to be MY hand project and a friend sent me the link to your post this afternoon. Thank you so much! Sincerely, I have had a miserable day and you and Sue have turned it around! Thank you so very much - both of you - for your kindness. I can't wait to see the hats in person.

If you are interested, here's my blog...http://okwhatnext.blogspot.com/ It has all the info in the side pair about the project - including a picture of some of the kids. And please email me (or Colleen) for an address when you are ready to mail them.

Thank you again - SO MUCH!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home