Monday, June 30, 2008

More Hats...Plus Socks...

While hanging out with my knitting friends at our Friday group, I happened to mention The 300 Hat Project. Right away my friend, Marilyn, said she had a few hats that were knit out of wool that she would give me to send.

So we caught up with each other this past Friday for lunch and she presented me with these six beautiful hats. She knits so many beautiful hats...and each year she does a bunch for the Head Start kids here, too.
She has a lot of patience to do colorwork in changing all the stripes - but, she does make good use of all her yarn...and her color combinations are always pleasing to the eye.
Hard to pick a favorite here -but, you know some people are going to be warm!
In addition, she gave me some socks - five pair - are they not adorable. I think she said she uses a pattern called Warm Woolies.

Marilyn, thanks for the donation. My friends over at 30o Hats are going to be thrilled.

So the total from this corner of New Hampshire is 22 hats and 5 pair of socks! And they are shipping out this week!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I really think at this rate; the 300 mark is going to be easily surpassed!

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger FĂ©nix - Bostonscapes said...

Hi Sara! That was the Jurys Hotel loo (same hotel I blogged about last week).

And yes, the socks are adorable and so are the hats. Lovely things you guys make. :)

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, I actually knit up a few hats for orphanages while on vacation last week. Not kidding, just haven't gotten them photographed yet. I was going to call my friend who has adopted from there and ask her where to send them. Huh, talk about same wavelength!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home