Thursday, June 26, 2008

Out and About...

Recently on one of our sunny days took a ride up toward Cornish, New Hampshire. I'm always in Cornish as that is where my quilt guild meets - usually at the school and in the summer at either the church or the new fire station!

Passed this beautiful red barn with the stone fencing. It just looked so peaceful around it...
A bunch of iris surrounded the stop sign...they just seemed to welcome one to that particular corner.
As I was driving along - spotted this tree - yes, that is mushrooms growing on the tree ... really!
Since I had never seen that before - I thought it needed further investigation...Yep...mushrooms - and not dainty little things either!
And, this would be the underneath view...
I found it totally amazing!!!!

Oh, I'm past the heel on my first sock in the Summer of Socks 2008!!!! I have said I was going to make 3 pair...by September...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger catsmum said...

amazing photos!
now re DownUnder Quilts - they don't send you the e-mag as such, they send you a link to where you can view it on the net. Mine arrived the next day so I'd check your spam filters and if it's not there go ahead and try another address
hope it works for you
cheers
s

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Now that is interesting isn't it? Mushrooms on a live tree no less. I also think NH is such a beautiful state. I've taken many photo opts there.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

I've never seen mushrooms grow like that~!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Susan said...

wow those are so cool! I'm so glad you took time to share the pics with us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home