Saturday, January 03, 2009

The New Year...

They say that what you do on New Year's Day - January 1 - is what you will do all year long.

Well, I spent the day knitting, quilting, reading, blogging & e-mailing, and cooking a really good and healthy meal!

That is what I want to be doing all year - (you will notice things like housecleaning and laundry weren't on that list - but, I got all of that done before the new year)! Therefore all my clothes were clean, the linen on my bed was clean, and the house was very clean.

This would be my dinner - steamed fresh broccoli, oven baked potato (cause I like the skin and it needs to be crunchy), sauteed mushrooms, and a t-bone steak cooked medium.

Evidently, Killian intends to sleep a lot this coming year! Here he is on his favorite little blankie in a corner of my couch (which is covered by one of my little quilts). (You can still see the area where he had his surgery. All the stitches are gone - but I wonder how long it will take for his fur to grow back...)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Pat said...

What a pretty color Killian is. Nice that you fixed such a healthy meal. I'm not in a "cooking mode" these days. Guess after more than 40 years of doing that, I've tired of it...but I do need to get back in it, I guess. :(

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I cooked New Year's Day too- the standard black eyed peas and cabbage. I can't stand black eyed peas and only make them one day a year! It would be awful to have to repeat that every day!

I've been cooking more for the family the last few days, they've been neglected and foraging for a few weeks now more often than not!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Janet said...

hmmm...apparently, I'll be going to the movies and eating out all year long. (NOT!!!)

That meal sounds good :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home