Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ten On Tuesday...


'10 Best Moments of the Year'

These are some of the best moments of the past year in no particular order...

1. Living in New Hampshire and getting to see and meet most of the presidential candidates before the primaries. It was the first time I've ever been in a state that had so much going on for a presidential election!

2. Working on the campaign that helped elect President-elect Barack Obama! Not since John F. Kennedy have I felt so energized by a candidate. And, I was in high school when Kennedy was elected.

3. Became old enough to retire and begin collecting Social Security.

4. Being able to visit in person with several blog friends - it was wonderful to see them in person and get to know them.

5. Attended my first week-end away on a knitting retreat! It was so fun...

6. Organized my quilting and knitting supplies and my quilting area. It is so nice to be organized!

7. Attending my very first Quilting Retreat! Three days with nothing to do but sew and be with friends. It doesn't get any better than that.

8. Having my sister and daughter come and visit me. Even though the circumstances were hard - it was still wonderful to spend time with them.

9. Finding a wonderful and caring environment for my mother to live out her last years. Even though it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do - I knew that the right decision was made when I see that she is so well cared for and so happy.

10. That I have finally accepted the fact that living alone does not mean a life of loneliness - but, rather time to enjoy all life has to offer!

You can play here!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Janet said...

It was great to meet you too!

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

I loved your list!
Happy New Year to you!

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list, Sara. Maybe I should try to write a list like this. I've been complaining about how sucky 2008 has been, but it hasn't all sucked. It'd do me good to remember the good stuff.

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice list Sara - I am SO proud of you and all you are and what all you mean to me.....you go girl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home