Ten On Tuesday...
Ten Favorite Ethnic Foods
1) Cuban and Puerto Rican food - it is my favorite food...it is the food I grew up on! (with a little Pennsylvania Dutch thrown in for good measure).
2) Sushi - to me Sushi is an ethnic food all to it's self. It is also an artform.
3) Southern BBQ - There is nothing better - nothing better - than BBQ cooked in a pit or huge brick pits. There was a place in Tampa - I'll never forget it - and I'd go there tomorrow - Called Alabama John's BBQ. He was the nicest Black preacher man - and he and his family ran this BBQ place...melt in your mouth ribs! When I was pregnant and I couldn't get out for lunch where I worked - I'd call in an order and he would deliver it to me. (and, they didn't do delivery) - but that's how often I ate there.
4) Amish/Mennonite foods - simple homemade goodness.
5) New England has distinct regional foods. There are a lot of flavors mixed in New England foods.
6) French food -not in the least bit skilled at cooking it...but, used to go to a restaurant when I lived in Tampa that catered to folks who loved French food.
7) Italian food - although I tend to eat more white sauces than red. Am a big fan of the food Mario Batalli cooks.
8) Chinese - I've always loved Chinese food...
9) Greek or Mediterranean foods - not all of it - but a lot of it! Living close to Tarpon Springs, Florida and having many Greek friends - I learned to enjoy their foods and culture.
10) American Meat and Potatoes type food...plain, hearty, stick-to-your-bones food! I don't know if there is a name for that ... but that's what it is.
Labels: Ten on Tuesday