Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ten On Tuesday...


Ten Favorite Ethnic Foods

1) Cuban and Puerto Rican food - it is my favorite food...it is the food I grew up on! (with a little Pennsylvania Dutch thrown in for good measure).

2) Sushi - to me Sushi is an ethnic food all to it's self. It is also an artform.

3) Southern BBQ - There is nothing better - nothing better - than BBQ cooked in a pit or huge brick pits. There was a place in Tampa - I'll never forget it - and I'd go there tomorrow - Called Alabama John's BBQ. He was the nicest Black preacher man - and he and his family ran this BBQ place...melt in your mouth ribs! When I was pregnant and I couldn't get out for lunch where I worked - I'd call in an order and he would deliver it to me. (and, they didn't do delivery) - but that's how often I ate there.

4) Amish/Mennonite foods - simple homemade goodness.

5) New England has distinct regional foods. There are a lot of flavors mixed in New England foods.

6) French food -not in the least bit skilled at cooking it...but, used to go to a restaurant when I lived in Tampa that catered to folks who loved French food.

7) Italian food - although I tend to eat more white sauces than red. Am a big fan of the food Mario Batalli cooks.

8) Chinese - I've always loved Chinese food...

9) Greek or Mediterranean foods - not all of it - but a lot of it! Living close to Tarpon Springs, Florida and having many Greek friends - I learned to enjoy their foods and culture.

10) American Meat and Potatoes type food...plain, hearty, stick-to-your-bones food! I don't know if there is a name for that ... but that's what it is.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I am not very adventurous when it comes to ethnic foods...as I'm kind of a picky eater. When I taught ESL, I had some sushi chefs and they tried SO hard to find one I would like...and never succeeded. I could easily eat the southern BBQ, sesame chicken and some other dishes at a Chinese restaurant and most Italian dishes. When are we going to see photos of the class project???

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Love your list and now I'm hungry!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Thanks...now I'm hungry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home