Monday, February 16, 2009

Busy...Quilting...

Quilting has taken up some time this past week - and it has been such fun to get back into it. Since I received my new sewing machine a few years ago - I've not used it to quilt a quilt. The piecing, borders, and bindings have been put on with the machine - but the actual quilting - NAH..

This month over at Sew Mama Sew they are offering a tutorial on machine quilting using a doll quilt to practice on.

So, this is my little quilt top - (it is on my carpet). Used some florals that I had in my stash - and it is cute..

Here I have it sandwiched - was rather proud that it is really smooth. But, I tend to use my iron a lot when piecing...each and every seam is pressed. Currently the little quilt is pinned and ready to be quilted.

This a shot of the backing that was used. It will probably be used for the binding too - or I might use the fabric from the border - haven't decided yet.
So, it is ready for the quilting step...which is this week! Promise to show you the finished product...



Labels:

9 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Barb said...

That is a great idea of using a doll quilt, I just use table runners....

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Terri S said...

Oh, your doll quilt is so sweet!! I'll be looking forward to thefinished product. I really like to machine quilt. It's fun!!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Laura said...

That is so pretty, I can't wait to see it finished. :-)
Blessings
~*~

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Very pretty! Thanks for the tip that sew mama sew is offering a tutorial on machine quilting. I'm going to check that out.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Dorothy said...

So pretty! I just love those fussy little Peter Pan prints - they're so feminine!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

So sweet and soft and pretty. Can't wait to see it finished!!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Looking really pretty so far...I love your choice of fabrics.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

That is one sweet quilt. Machine quilting is fast and fun. Can't wait to see your finished quilt.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh that's so sweet! I hope there's a little softie around there that can snuggle under it when it's done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home