Monday, February 09, 2009

The birthday week-end...

The week-end was just so much fun ... and I was able to spend it with friends! Whether my friends were here in person or blogging friends - each helped me celebrate my birthday with cards, notes, and good wishes!

Friday, the 6th was the big day - and my friend, Pat (who has no blog) took me out for a fun dinner. We went to Sophie and Zekes. They recently moved to a larger location ... and the restaurant is really nice.

I had a really good Reuben sandwich with the most delicious beer battered fresh onion rings. The breading on the onion rings just melted in your mouth. Pat enjoyed a lobster roll...and the lobster was so good and fresh...(I got a bite of the lobster!!!)

We had window seating - which can be a lot of fun. We have such a cute downtown.

Pat and I had the exact same dessert...it was a coconut mousse cake with chocolate icing and fresh whipped cream on the side. It was heaven on a plate. Pat and I had a wonderful evening - and even went shopping for boots for her. Thank you so much for making my birthday special, Pat.

Saturday, the 7th...I celebrated with Scarlett and Elizabeth. They gave me a little cart that I can use to bring packages from my parking lot to the apartment. I have complained and whined about wanting one for ages since I moved here.

Then we went to dinner at Lui Lui's. This is one of my most favorite restaurants. I gorged myself had a Penne, Broccoli, and Chicken Alfredo. It was delicious. Then for dessert plain New York Style Cheesecake.

Elizabeth made this beautiful woven yarn artwork for me. The photo does not do it justice! There was also candy - Russell Stover Toasted South Seas Coconut...
The mail brought a gift from my friend, Susan. Some really pretty black and white fabric (for the quilt I will make soon) - a cute Fons and Porter Pencil case with a marking pencil and in the secret compartment a pair of scissors. Also, love the black and white ribbon...

My friend, Ann, sent me a gift certificate to Amazon and I immediately went and purchased two books I have been wanting...Knitting Estonian Lace and Artic Lace...they are on the way...

This beautiful table center piece was given to me by my across-the-hall-neighbor. She was 90 on Saturday (the 7th) and she crocheted that. It is so really pretty...and stitched perfectly.

Then some friends of mine dropped by with a birthday cake and some really nice smelling shower gel! Their little boys sang "happy birthday" to me. It was so cute.

Thank you to everyone for making my special day so very special!!!!!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Your weekend sounds fantastic, glad you had a good time!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Barb said...

How fun for you!!! Glad you had a good B-day

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger aliceinparis said...

Happy Belated Birthday! That coconut mousse cake looks DELICIOUS! My best friend's birthday is Feb 5th

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

So glad you had a nice weekend with friends. I hope you continue to celebrate until the next birthday rolls around!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Great weekend for you....and right so. Special people deserve special times like that. Thanks for the photos...it's nice to feel a part of it all. (Killian did a good job of holding down the fort for you yesterdy!)

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you had such a wonderful birthday weekend!

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

Sorry I am late....HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend!!!!!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Carla said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!
Sounds like you, wisely, s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d it out:)
May you have many more:)

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Love the colors in the yarn art!
And happy happy belated. May you have many many many more. :)
~S

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

sounds like a great birthday! Now I need some cake!!! That coconut cake sounded real yummy.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!!
(back in town, sorry I'm so late!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home