Monday, February 02, 2009

45 years ago...

Was my graduation from high school. And, this year is our 45th reunion!

Hillsborough High School is still standing and looking the same as it did 45 years ago. The school is a beautiful red brick and sits on a large campus that is made up of several city blocks.

Dreams were made there and shattered there. I dreamt of being a Home Economics teacher - now I don't even think there is such a thing! Instead I worked most of my life as a Secretary/Administrative Assistant...and watched a few other dreams come true.

My dreams of a being a parent came true and resulted in a beautiful and loving daughter. My dreams of being published came true ... not only in magazines but books!

I have mixed emotions about attending the reunion. There are many memories of high school - some good - some bad! But, then I think that happens for everyone. The trick is to outgrow the hurts and become a "grown up" and a decent human being. I've done that!

And, since most of us are in our 60s now - my thoughts are that we have all grown up.

The "maybe" box has been checked - and I'm thinking it would be nice to see how the rest of us have survived.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I am still waiting to grow up!! Yes, you are entered into my giveaway...

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Wow - what a beautiful school! I hope you enjoy your reunion. I have yet to attend one, partly for logistical reasons and partly because I'm not quite ready to go back there (nearly 22 years). Some day I'll grow up and outgrow the hurts. I hope.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I only went to a 5-year reunion we had (since I was on the committee)...haven't gone to any since then. I have kept in touch via email now with a few and can see them if I want to see them.....jsut can't get myself into the reunion state of mind. I have found (from hearing what friends say) that too often it's a case of each person trying to be more impressive than the next....and I don't want to get into any of that! Maybe you had a nicer group at your school. If so, go and have a great time!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Purple and Paisley said...

your post almost made me cry...reminds me so much of how i feel...checking the 'maybe' box was the right thing to do...if you don't go? you are a success anyway and you'll always have that...if you do go? oh, i hope you have fun and show everyone what you've become!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home