Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday...Thursday...

Woke up at 7ish and by 7:30 I was out to get rid of the snow on my car. I realized a photo of the snow covered car would have been fun...but, forgot the camera until almost the end...I am guessing 18 inches of snow fell yesterday!!!

It was up to my knees!!! But it wasn't a heavy nasty snow...it was fluffy!

Came in - took a shower - and headed out to see mother. She actually was talkative today - and we discussed our neighbors (albeit - they were our neighbors in Florida); the dogs; and Killian. She also helped me pick out her food for the next week. So, it was a good day.

From there headed to a quilt shop that was on this road that went forever - and was just covered in snow...(they had plowed - but, I wasn't seeing any blacktop or dirt). It was a beautiful ride...and I picked up 14 fat quarters at $1.00 each and a couple of yards of fabric for $4.50/yard. She is discontinuing her quilt business but will be keeping her sheep and fiber...

So that was my day!!! How was yours???




Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

That sounds like a good day! I can't get my mind off your fat quarters for $1.00. What a find!
My day wasn't quite so much fun - work, work, work. It rained here, which is very unusual for January. Last year we were -30 celsius on Jan 29!

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Barb said...

My day was not as fun as yours that is for sure. We are blocked in, can't get out of our road. Workers are working on it for a month it will be this way....someone help me...pleasesssseeeee

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Pat said...

My day was pretty much okay. I guess since I was able to go out to my car and drive off without having to clear snow AND could get down my road with no problem, I can't complain. :) I'm glad the visit with your mom went well.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Janet said...

quarters for $1.00? Hmmm...

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Pack me up some snow in a cooler and ship it on down to NC. We've had very, very little. I'm hoping it's on it's way. Love your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home