Another Blogging Award...
My friend, Barb, over at Bejeweled Quilts by Barb, awarded me this awesome award.
The deal is: I need to tell you 10 honest things about myself that most people don't know...
and list 5 addictions that I have...
10 Honest things:
1) I am one of five children...only two of us survived to adulthood...my sister, Mary Ellen and I.
2) I was thirty when I had my daughter...and was always the oldest homeroom mother or PTA person.
3) I have a great love for the culture I grew up in - my Spanish heritage is important to me.
4) What you see is what you get - and you always know where you stand with me.
5) Organization is really hard for me - but, once I get things organized they usually stay that way.
6) I will NOT drive in big cities! My preference is to walk or use public transportation.
7) At one time I was petrified of dogs...and the only dog I would go near was the one I owned. Now, I love dogs and my fears are not as bad...
8) Rarely do I have a drink - think it comes from years of working in a nightclub - and one New Year's Eve (about 40 years ago) when my best friend at time, Lola and I got smashed on Southern Comfort! It was bad!!!
9) I make my bed everyday ... not because someone will see it - but because I am worth having a pretty made up bed to get into each night.
10) Since I was twelve I have always had a cat or cats. Killian has lived the longest of any of my cats...he will be 13 this year!
1) Pepsi and Root Beer - for sure!!!
2) My rice pudding - mainly because it is the rice pudding I grew up eating...
3) Reading - Love to read and want to hold the book in my hands...can't do audio books.
4) Food TV and Reality Shows (Amazing Race, Top Chef, Project Runway)
5) Taking photos...my camera is always with me.
Now this is the hard part - picking some others to bestow this award on...As always, if you want to participate - please do so! Just let me know in the comments so I can check your answers out.