Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Corner of the World...

Today my corner of the world stretched over to Springfield, Vermont (about 20 minutes from home). My friend, Pat, lives there in one of the cutest purple houses I've ever seen. Pat is blogless and is a knitting friend. We attend the same Monday night group ...

The view from her house is so pretty - that's the road down there and you can see the mountain from her house. She has great windows both in the bedroom and living room - along with a bunch of bird feeders - where I saw some black-headed chickadees, a cardinal, and a blue jay today.
And, this would be Pat's baby...she is beautiful - and used to be a feral cat - but now lives in the lap of luxury! Believe me she is one spoiled baby! She was so sweet and actually came up and let me pet her.

This is part of the window in the living room - and as you can see the baby has her space staked out...right underneath the walking wheel! I'll bet a few spinners I know would like a better photo of that wheel...

So as not to disappoint - here you go...Pat was telling me she saw this wheel at an antique mall - and when it finally came down in price she grabbed it.

Here's another view of it...it is beautiful and in great condition with nothing missing...ready to use...

We spent the afternoon knitting, talking, and having a wonderful dinner of baked chicken, baked sweet potatoes, applesauce, and fresh grapes.

It was a really relaxing afternoon...Thanks, Pat...I really enjoyed my day!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Pat said...

GREAT day for you and nice photos...but I was so hoping you'd show the exterior of this cute purple house!!!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I love your corner of the world...how nice and peaceful.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger gemma said...

Wonderful way to spend a Sunday.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

I love your little corner of the world! How sad that your friend is blogless (it sounded sad, somehow, when you said it) and her cat is BEAUTIFUL. What blue eyes!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Knit Witch said...

Great pictures! Our cat Slim was also ferral and now lives in the lap of luxury. Cats are so fun to spoil!!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger LINDA BYLSMA said...

Oh, that spinning wheel. What I wouldn't give to try one of those!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home