Thursday, January 15, 2009

Motivated...

Even though there are no photos to show for today - I am motivated!

You see it was Quilt Guild day - and got some interesting instructions on fusing, got to see what others were doing with fusing, and came away inspired.

Additionally, Show and Tell is always fun...and there were some really pretty quilts shown today...one of my group members made quilt tops from December 26th until January 5th - and she had a lot of them to show...

Another guild member who broke some bones in her wrist and hand and can't drive asked if I would please pick her up - and do the driving. Once we got back she invited me in to see her lovely home and all her quilts, counted cross stitch, and embroidery work she has done. Oh my!

It was a truly inspiring and motivational day!!!!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger Barb said...

How fun for you.

I love fusing. If you want, go on my site www.bejeweledquilts.blogspot.com and look for the article on the online quilting business that is going out of business..they have the fusing for $2.00 a package. These are the gumless fusing. The stuff you buy at walmart gums your needle up and just makes a big frustration out of the whole process.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Barb said...

sorry I told you wrong, wrong site...www.thompsonfamilyquilts.blogspot.com

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Terri S said...

Sounds like a fun day for you. I love looking at other people's quilts. It always inspires me!!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Knit Witch said...

Try to stay warm up there!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I'm glad you had such a nice day with so many things to inspire you. I think I can hear the wheels turning in your head tonight figuring out lots of new projects for yourself!!! :)

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Getting together with my crafty group always inspires me!

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day. It's always fun when you can share your work with people who can share in your enthusiasm.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Janet said...

one of the bloggers I read talked about the quilt her sister and mother made from her father's jeans...and showed pictures of it! I was like...oooh!!! It looked GREAT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home