Saturday, January 10, 2009

Retail Therapy...

My quilt store got some new batiks in - can't you tell? They are gorgeous!

Then I dropped by the yarn store next door - I had a purpose - I had no DK weight yarn to knit a hat for the Hat Club. We are trying to knit a hat each month - except that this is the first time I have participated.
Although the top yarn - this gorgeous silk stuff is not for the hat - nope - not even. It jumped in my basket. Honest!

But this Kathmandu is for a hat - with those lovely beads in it. I have never knit with beads - and I'm going to learn how. The beads actually match all the colors in the yarn...

Then because my coat is actually shades of purple - I wanted a purple beaded hat - so those are the beads and that is the yarn...so, I had fun being creative and picking out great beads and yarns for something for myself!

Edited to add: The pattern is called Odessa Hat and I don't have a photo. The pattern is available for free at Ravelry.

No, yarn shop in Claremont. The one I went to today is in White River Junction - where a group of us get together - via Ravelry and in person as time permits - and work on projects. We established a Hat Club last year...and since I only own ONE hand knit hat - I'm getting some knit...

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Pat said...

OOOOO....love those batiks AND how cute to knit a hat and include beads in the knitting. I hope you show photos of this as you move along with the hat projects.

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What pattern are you going to use for your hat? Is there a yarn store in Claremont? Looks like some fun knitting ahead for you!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Susan said...

ohhhhh the grumperina hat! I'm anxious to see how you like it. It's lovely on her head, that's for sure. And what pretty fabric! btw, I mailed your snowflakes today.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger knitseashore said...

Sara, what lovely fabric and projects you have planned!!! I can't wait to see your beaded hat. I've just started beaded knitting and I really enjoy it. Today I bought beads for a beaded scarf pattern (will blog that soon). Please keep us posted on your projects!!

Hope your mom and pets are doing well too!

 
At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathmandu is a scrumptious yarn!

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger quiltmom anna said...

Sarah
What scrumptious batiks - the colors are indeed gorgeous!!
The yarn looks lovely too- I have never knit with beads - I like knitting but haven't done much lately...I have some patterns for purses that are quite lovely - they are done on circular needles and I have never knit on circular needles - maybe some day soon..
Hope all is well with you.
Regards,
Anna

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

I can't wait to see how these turn out! I didn't know you could even knit with beads!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home