Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Catching Up...

1) Today the weather seems to be not exactly what the weatherman predicted. There was supposed to be at least three inches of snow of the ground when I woke up - not there. And, even though it is snowing - it is a light snow - and I don't think we will hit the 5 to 10 inches that was expected. Am waiting to see what the weatherman says at Noon.

2) Went to see Mother on Monday - and it was such a nice day with her. I travel 45 minutes each way so the visits are not just for five minutes. Usually, I will stay a mininum of two to three hours with her.

She knew who I was! And we talked about my sister and my daughter. She asked questions about them. She even asked if the kitten (Killian) was still in the hospital. We had lunch together and then talked some more until it was time for her nap. Then I headed for home. It was a nice day!


3) Socks will be on needles tonight - did a swatch last night and am right on for the correct number of stitches! These socks will go to my friend, Colleen, as part of the bartering we did when she quilt my daughter's quilt for me...

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you had such a wonderful visit with your mother!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Pat said...

It's so nice that the visit with your mother was a good one yesterday. I'm sure it's upsetting when she doesn't recognize you....so yesterday was a GREAT day! Now...you sound disappointed that the expected snow didn't come. I'd be THRILLED at the forecast being wrong that way (warm weather and summer person that I am). LOL

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Ginny said...

I am so happy you had a good visit with your mother, I know you must cherish days like that. I know I did with my grandmother.
Blessings to you.

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy your mother knew you!

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to hear you and your mom had a good visit!

And I don't know about your end of the state, but my radically revised forecast ended up involved lots of freezing rain on top of the 3 or so inches of snow we got. Am I ever pleased we didn't get as much snow as originally predicted.

Ok, I have to ask: You really swatch socks?

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Sounds like your mother had a great day!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Janet said...

oh that's such good news for you...I know it comes and goes, but how lovely she remembered :-)

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger gemma said...

Glad to hear your visit was a happy one. Hope there will be more coming up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home