Monday, January 12, 2009

Creative Every Day 2009...Week 2...

In addition to playing with fabrics and getting ready for my quilt challenge (you can read about it here!), I actually managed to get some new things on and even off needles.

These will ba a pair of socks for my friend, Colleen. She was the one who quilted Tara's quilt on her long-arm machine...and we bartered - I made her a lovely scarf (which I forgot to take a photo of) and a pair of socks. Yes, I am knitting them at the same time - magic loop - on two different needles. And, yes, Erica, I do a swatch for everything I knit...unless it is a dishcloth or bath cloth.Speaking of bath cloths - I finished two back scrubbers this week - aren't the cool? It actually takes an entire skein of Peaches and Cream or Sugar and Cream to do the scrubber - so, I used some odds and ends for the handles...

One of these is for me - probably the one with the purple...the other will be a gift...probably for one of the people who I am Playing It Forward with! We'll have to see.

So I feel that Week 2 was a pretty creative week for me.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Leah said...

what a great idea to make knit back scrubbers!!

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, you swatch socks?! I am speechless!! (Well, not really, but it was a nice thought) The yarn is beautiful!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Pat said...

LOVING the yarn you are using for those socks!!! And what a clever idea for the back scrubbers, too.

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

All of these things are beautiful. I so want to learn to knit! You continually inspire me so THANK YOU!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Okay...so your goal is to do something creative every day? That is great! There's no reason why we all can't do that. I mean, if we get rid of other things in our lives that don't give so much pleasure (such as laundry, dishes, exercise, work). I love it!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger knitseashore said...

I hadn't heard of the Creative Everyday site but it sounds like such a fun challenge! I'm doing something a little similar (though it's only for 6 weeks) but it's nice to see a fellow knitter working on this with me!

Looks like you have gotten a great start to being creative!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I love that yarn in the first picture! SO pretty :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home