Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Corner of the World...

One of my quilt guild members opened up a quilt shop. Unfortunately it is a ways from home - but, I have managed to get out there are a few times.

She turned this cute little house into a very cute quilt shop where she has nice fabrics and a really cool classroom.
The above is one of the classes she was teaching when I was at the shop. It looked like a lot of fun.

This is a view of part of the classroom...she had snacks out for us that evening as we had a quilt meeting there. The quilts on the wall are samples of some of the classes she is teaching.

So, I have five quilt stores within an hour of my house...not too bad. And, what is great about them - they all offer something just a little bit different...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I am so jealous of all the quilt shops. There are none in Samoa... We plan to go to Houston after here and I know they have some...yepeeee

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Purple and Paisley said...

i have zero quilt shops in my immediate area...you are lucky! i also wanted to thank you so much for visiting my blog during my birthday celebration...i truly appreciate it! ☺

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Well...aren't YOU the lucky one? We had just one quilt shop within a reasonable drive and now we have two. There are a couple of others about 45 miles north of here, which isn't a horrible drive, but I prefer them closer!!! LOL

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Very neat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home