Saturday, January 17, 2009

This is one of those days...

I have no hot water...none! And, guess who has a meeting to go to in Concord at 5:30?

Guess who needs a bath? That would be - Moi!

My entire apartment building has no hot water! And, a couple apartments can't seem to get enough heat in them - but, I think it is because they are on the ground floor and half of their apartment is in the ground - it is colder down there.

Gotta, run - heating water on the stove to wash dishes...and then maybe taking a bath over a friend's house...

Edited to say: But, I guess I don't want to sound like I'm totally complaining - as I know there are some who have a lot less than I do - but we sure do miss those things that we tend to take for granted every day of our lives...



Labels:

7 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Barb said...

wow, sure miss the modern conveniences when they are not around. Alot of the Samoans don't even have hot water, I have even seen some wash their kids outside with the hose. Don't know how they do it. Hopefully, it won't be long until you have hot water again.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh, no! hope you get your water back soon!

/m
(also from ravelry)

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

That's one of those things I really hate living without!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Pat said...

UGH...I don't blame you for complaining. (Just because others have it worse, doesn't minimize our discomfort or inconvenience when these things happen.) I hope your building is back in business by now. We do grow to depend on our utilities and it is very hard when we lose them.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Sara hope your water is back on .Thanks for entering my giveaway . Good luck .
Clares Craftroom

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Gerry said...

Boy, I hope you got your hot water going again. Bathing out of a pot of hot water is tough. But you could pretend that you're camping. Yippie!!!!

Also, the library lecture sounds fun. Thank for the link.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Janet said...

that happened to me last year...I went to the gym every morning to shower LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home