Monday, January 26, 2009

Swimming in Cotton...a bit of Alpaca, too...

Friends are wonderful...and they surprise us with packages...My friend in Louisiana, Sarah, sent me a box full of yarns! She shared some that she had received from someone else.

Sarah, thank you so much - the yarns are gorgeous...and I am going to have the best time knitting with these...
Killian would also like to thank you for his present too - the box - the minute it was empty, he was in it. I quit spending money on toys for him...this is what he likes...

A little natural undyed Alpaca....

Crystal Palace - cotton...pink - very soft pink

A little blue Crystal Palace cotton!!!

Tahki Classic Cotton - really soft and pretty...

And this is some Bernat Cassino (a skein and a half) Cotton...

Unger - Cotton Crepe - eight skeins...I love Unger yarns!

A little turquoise Crystal Palace Cotton...lovely shade...

And, finally some Patons Cotton Top...soft, soft, soft...
I'm so excited - I enjoy knitting with cotton - especially for children and for myself...
Sarah, you are truly a gem!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

BEUTIFUL YARNS! It is rather uncanny how much Silky and Killian look alike. The one little thing that Silky had on his front chest was a mark that we first thought was car oil---We gave him a bath. IT DIDN'T COME OUT! LOL! So, in a funny way, Silky was a tiny bit of a Tri-Colored Cat...though not enough to make him the Unusual Male Tri-Color. Other than that, they could be brothers, for sure!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Pat said...

WOWEEEEEE...you hit the jackpot with that box!!! Have a fun time using it (and I trust you'll post photos as you go along).

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I hope you have fun with those!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home