Monday, June 26, 2006

Saturday with Dave...


What a wonderful fun day! Meeting up with Dave was like running into an old friend that you just haven't seen in a while...where conversation just flows so easily...it was like we had known each other forever.

We met at the subway station and headed off to breakfast at a beautiful place called Charlie's - the food was scrumptous and the decor was beautiful...


From left to right: Scarlett, Dave and I after finishing that wonderful breakfast.

We hit Newbury Street immediately after breakfast...and found the French cow. These lovely decorated cows are all over Newbury Street - but, I was fascinated with this one as she has earrings that look like the Eiffel Tower. (That would be Dave holding the umbrella)

Newbury Yarns and Lush just called our names...Scarlett spent a bit of time at Lush and bought some wonderful facial stuff. Lush smells so wonderful...full of those fruity earthy smells from their wonderful handmade soaps, shampoos, and facial things.

Dave and I headed next door to the yarn store...oh, it took my breath away...it is arranged by color and it was sooo fun...I bought the most beautiful purple yarn that is wool, silk and cashmere....I hear a scarf calling my name! Dave got some pretties, too.

We walked through the Gardens and Common over to Chinatown and Windsor Button - another great place. Again, some yarn that Dave and I agreed looked like Irises called my name. I also bought some old fashioned crochet thread.

We walked a lot - and we got to see a lot of Boston - different areas than we had ever been before. It was fun...and interesting...and we chatted and laughed like we had known each other all our lives...it was a great day...

On the way home, Scarlett looked at me and said - "We have friends in Boston!" and we do...some really wonderful friends!

(Now I gotta go see what Dave said!!!)

4 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Awww...both of your blogs made me smile. It's amazing the connection you can form with people online who share common interests. There really is quite an active community of friends that seem to evolve by posting and reading blogs. I think that the people who read my blog probably have a better idea of what is going on inside of my head than people who I work with everyday and some of the people in my house.

Great photos and a great post today...Stereo blogs, I am posting the same response to you both!

Ann

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, you took better pics! It really was a LOT of fun, and we'll do it again soon. (I know you'll be needing a theater fix soon, too.)
No pics of your knitted items from the ball game? lol THOSE were funny.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Deb R said...

That looks like a fun day!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Saffron said...

Meeting online friends can be fun! Glad you and Dave had a good time! The game looked fun too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home