Friday, June 30, 2006

What I've knit recently...


My creation
Originally uploaded by NHSara.


Hopefully there is more than one way to get around things...

I have been having tons of fun over at the Monthly Dishcloth Knit Along! I knit both the star dishcloth and the fish dishcloth this month. They are quick knits - and the mid-month KAL usually features a technique or different pattern stitches...the star...

The lovely little green scarf used Fun Fur. The pattern called for it be knit using a seed stitch - but, I have to tell you - I thought that would be a waste of time as the fur doesn't really allow you to see all the stitches...so, I just knit every row. It also has an opening into which you can slide the opposite end of the scarf and it stays snug around your neck. I was actually surprised at how warm it was.

Helen's shawl...Scarlett's mother lives in North Carolina and it does get cold there...so, I knit her this wonderfully soft shawl. Since her eyesight isn’t too good and she needs things that are easy to care for I made it from Homespun yarn...so that she can throw it in the washer and dryer and not have to worry with it. The pattern was so simple Just knit three, purl three...then purl where you knit and knit where you purled on the next row. I cast on 66 stitches on a US 8.

All in all...not a bad month....

4 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All this knitting and quilting going on!
I am determined to get spinning this weekend.And maybe crack the needles. It's been too long. That star is adorable!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Bugsy said...

Wow! What great knitting! I especially love the blue!

I knit as well, although only scarves and not since December last year. I've been too busy quilting. I was trying a hat over Xmas and that wasn't going to o well. I'll try again soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Ann said...

That KAL looks like great fun. I know how warm those shawls are, I have made a few for people who just needed a hug.

Ann

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What lovely projects! I love the dishclothes, and the shawl is prelly pretty! Excellent job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home