Monday, July 03, 2006

Painting...

I know we weren't going to paint the kitchen or hallway yet...but, the woman across the street had a painter over there and we thought we would get an estimate. Well, the estimate was shall we say - much better than we expected...and we are having the ceiling in the living room, the dining room, kitchen, and hallway that goes up the stairs to the second floor painted for less than we paid to have the walls in the living room painted when we first moved here...

So, guess what started today...the ceilings in the kitchen, dining room, and living room are done. They are a really pretty shade of ivory. The walls in the dining room and kitchen will be the same ad well as the hallway. The trim on the cabinet doors in the kitchen and around the windows in both rooms will be a sage green. They think they will be finished with the entire project by Wednesday! YEA!

5 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no. I mean, yay! I can only say it starts with that first gallon.
That's great you got such a deal. And it must feel so new now. Ivory? that's rather mild for you, huh?

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Sprite said...

Yay and oh no! It'll be so great when it's all done, but the process can sometimes be... a mess. How cool that you got a good deal. Nothing better than a great job and a good deal. Hope it turns out as lovely as you want it to. *hugs*

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Bugsy said...

No time like the present, eh?

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I hate to paint...walls and ceiling and not fun stuff anyway. A fresh coat of paint does do wonders though to brighten up the house.

Good for you....

Ann

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you! And what a nice chenge from the popular "Ceiling White" - very cool.

I love to paint, and I have done it as a summer job when I wasn't teaching. That was in my 20's when I had a lot more energy than I do now....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home