Monday, September 11, 2006

I'm Stunned...and Delighted...


My entry in the Bitchin' Mittens Challenge won for Best Interpretation of the Theme! Have to say I am thrilled...and overjoyed...and excited! And, the best part was I didn't know until I got home last night and checked my e-mail and found a note from Dave and some congratulations notes.

This Challenge was truly a lot of fun...and I learned a lot and found some of my creativity flowing back...Thanks to Dave for running the challenge and to the judges for thinking my work was good enough to win...and to Ann for the lovely prize of a $25 gift certificate to Amazon.

We were gone over the week-end to Burlington, Vermont to see the Georgia O'Keeffe exhibit and guess what...we were able to go to the Vermont Sheep and Wool on Sunday! How cool was that...but more about those things tomorrow...today is catch up day...so, I need to get busy around the house...

10 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Awesome Mittens, Sara!

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, so THAT'S why you've been so quiet!
Congratualtions on your win. I hope it spurs you on to beigger and greater works of art. It was well-deserved.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Ann said...

You did an excellent job! Congratulations on your prize.

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Ulla said...

Congratulations and wellcome back.
What a lovely time for you.

Ulla in the north of Sweden

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Congratulations! You do beautiful work.

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that! Congratulations, you totally deserved to win! I was so happy when I saw your name.

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger abeautifulcraft said...

That is so wonderful Sara!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Hooray for you and well deserved too! Can't wait to hear about your adventures at the Vermont show.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

WOW WOW WOW!! Congratulations!! What a great job combining quilting and knitting.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Congratulations! These are great! Love the patchwork!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home