Friday, November 17, 2006

Money, Money, Money...

Have no idea what the large cream colored building is - but, when the sun hit it looked like it was spun of pure gold. And, the lines and angles were just so cool...had to have a photo of it...

One of the majestic public buildings in Denver...decorated with pink Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbons...it was around the corner from the last place we took a tour...

The Denver Mint...No photos there - the security is extremely tight...all we were allowed to carry in was a wallet with id that could fit in your pocket...but it was an awesome tour! Denver Mint only makes coins...what looks to be a three-story building from the outside is actually five stories...with the most beautiful windows and chandeliers that I've ever seen. But, we learned how money is made, were given a penny and a penny blank which is what is used to make the penny, and learned that the average dollar bill only lasts in circulation for 22 months while pennies seem to last forever...it was a fun place to go...

2 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I would have enjoyed the tour of the mint..somewhere in my distant memory banks I remember going someplace in high school where dollars were made..Cincinnati maybe?

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how cool!!!That was a very interesting trip I bet!!! I would get a charge outta seeing how money is made..although, I would like it WAY better if they GAVE me what they were making ;) LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home