Saturday, July 14, 2007

Out and About...

One of my favorite little escapes is to run up to White River Junction, Vermont. It is about 22 miles from the house...and my favorite quilt store is there. Recently a new yarn store opened up, too.

But, this is my favorite place to go...It is called the Tip Top Building! This building which doesn't look like much from the outside is an oasis for those who sort of march to a different beat...and it is wonderful. There is tons of artist space - little rooms (and big rooms) where artists ply their trade; then there are those who practice alternative medicines (massage, reiki, all of those wonderful things for the mind and body); and galleries...it is just a devine place to spend some time. The galleries are open to roam and if an artist is working and has their door open one is welcome to look in. Some have their work out by their door.

As you can see there is a pottery place where one can go and create - plus they have recently added beads to their supplies...and a restaurant...which I have not eaten at yet - but always smells wonderful...

There are a few businesses in the building - but they tend to be artsy in origin - and they are printers - one of all sorts of banners, posters, and cards from one's own photos. I believe the printer publishes the "Alternative Medicine Directory" and an alternative lifestyle directory also.


Above is one of my favorite pieces of art work in the building...you see this as you walk through the building from one side to the other. It is gorgeous!!!

Dave, more photos of White River Junction to follow!!! I know how you like WRJ!!!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still can't get over how close you are to WRJ. 22 miles???
This artist space place sounds interesting, and great artwork.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've never been to WRJ, but I've heard it's really a fun weekend getaway. And you live so close. Excellent.

Hey, do you know about New England Mamas? We're a group of moms in New England that have a blog. Come check it out.

here via Michele

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a great great place! To have all this creativity happening under one roof...AND a restaurant, too! I hope you will eat there soon and tell us all about the food!

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, this place sounds SO amazing!! perfect, in fact! i wish there was something like it in Mass. thanks for sharing about it!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

You've reminded me of one of the things I miss most about living in Montreal: our proximity to Vermont. It was my favorite getaway place as a kid, and I spent many mini-vacations there with my parents, even more so when my aunt and uncle bought a cottage beside a waterfall.

Later on, after I bought my first car, it was a regular skiing destination. When my wife and I got married, it became our getaway place as well.

I would love to live close enough to visit regularly once more. I can see why WRJ appeals to you. I can see why I'd want to go back.

Michele sent me today, but you're already a favorite of mine because you share entries like this.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks for your visit Sara...The great thing about Orchids is...the blooms can last three months, depening on how new they were to begin with...And given the proper benign neglect, thy can and do Bloom again...like a year later---sometimes sooner.
That would be a lovely gift to yourself once you are more unpacked! They truly do bring great joy and beauty into one's life!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home