Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Blogging...

Over at oranginadreams, Anne was questioning how we chose the blogs in our blogroll and whether we add blogs to our blogroll right away.

I really had to think about how I do that - and what my blogroll is all about. When I first started blogging - I had very few blogs on my blogroll. Most of them were friends (internet and personal) that either quilted or did a lot of knitting. I pretty much hung with them most of the time. And, none of those has changed...and many have become close dear friends.

New blogs are usually added the minute I read them...because I don't want to lose them. I will read them for a while and see how they fit into my life - and sometimes see what I can offer to their life...if the fit is good...they stay on my blogroll.

Now you have to understand my passions are: quilting, knitting, food (both eating & cooking), reading, music, travel and photography.

I came upon several cooking blogs - and added them. A blog or two expanded from these to include a year of bread making lessons.

I also like blogs that don't fit into any categories that are in my passions list - but, they make me think or laugh or view life differently...and a few of those popped up and they suddenly became daily reads.

Then totally separate and apart from my blogroll I have a list of favorites that are Daily City Photos. They meet my arm chair travel needs and my photography needs. And, from them I feel that I am expanding as a photographer.

Each day I read my blogroll list of updated blogs - and sometimes I will comment and other times I don't. But, each blog that I visit is like seeing an old friend...and I am inspired by each that I visit.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Tanaya said...

Funny, I was just changing my blog design a bit today and stopped at my blog roll.

I used to list all of the blogs that I loved, mainly just to keep track of them for myself.

I didn't want to do that this time. I wanted to only list the blogs that were somehow "important" to me on a personal level. As I started typing the links, I got worried.

What if I forgot someone near & dear? What if someone was offended that I didn't include them, especially if they link to me? What if, what if, what if....

In the end, I deleted the links and don't have a curent list of blogs on my site. I'm okay with that, for now.

As for you & your blog, just keep doing whatever feels right!

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Michele sent me...and I'm glad she did, because I love this post. I'm the same way - if I read something that strikes my fancy, I blogroll immediately, lest I lose track. Every so often I review the whole list to see who I'm still reading, who I still have a connection with.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

I always add blogs to my bloglines as soon as I find a new blog because I do not want to miss anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home